Thursday, December 9, 2010

Exit Slip 12.9.10

Professor Boyer started class by stating that we, as students, should be proud of all we've accomplished during this course. I am proud of myself! This class was a lot of work and took a lot of time, but I believe it was worth it. I feel I am much better prepared to teach my future class effectively after completing all the projects in this course.

Next, Professor Boyer talked about his Twitter account and shared some articles he has posted on his account. The articles sounded very interesting and I will check them out more sometime soon.

CELEBRATION TIME!

Professor Boyer had us think about how we would teach his little daughter, Ella.

3 Different Ways I would Integrate Technology in Ella's Class (My Class):
1. In my fourth grade classroom I would create a classroom blog that allows for Ella's parents to see pictures from daily activities, field trips, and so on.  I want her parents to feel connected to her learning environment and always feel up to date on Ella's time spent in my classroom. My blog would also post current events that allow the parents to always be aware of what their child is doing throughout the school day. This is a site where all the assignments and rubrics are posted for their convenience.
2. I want to provide my students with class laptops (maybe they could even each have their own!).  They will use their laptops often when doing research for projects, playing educational games, connecting with people from different countries/areas/cultures, and so on.
3. I want to provide my students with a class wiki also.  This is a place where they can post questions to other students or me and get better and more diverse feedback.  This is also a place for discussion and reflection on projects/assignments/activities. This also a place where they can post their assignments/projects.

Other peer's ideas:
1. Have a huge interactive whiteboard to increase class participation.
2. Using "streaming" video (what's going on in class.. parents can see what's going on)
3. Scratch (creating games for certain class topics)
4. E-pals (LIKE THIS ONE!): connecting with people from around the world, country, state, county..
5. Simulations
6. Online collaborative whiteboarding (example: Scribble)
7. Course website (kind of like my blog idea)
8. Podcasting (visit iTunes U..? many podcasts available here)
9. Online multi media (so many out there!)
10. Screencasting
11. Audio (important in early grades)
12. Delicious (save resources for a project, interactive games at home)
13. Video editing

PROFESSOR BOYER'S TEACHING PHILOSOPHY
-constructionist pedagogy

FINAL THOUGHTS ON HOW MY THINKING ABOUT TECHNOLOGY'S ROLE IN TEACHING AND LEARNING HAS CHANGED OVER THE SEMESTER:
I think it is evident by the list I made above on how I really intend and want to incorporate technology tools in my future classroom. At first I think I was a sceptic when I entered this classroom, but I now believe I support technology and believe strongly that it needs to be in our schools now and in the future! We need to teach for the future or else we will not be fulfilling our jobs.  I now know this and feel much more knowledgeable in the world of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment