Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Final Interactive Whiteboard Lesson Submission: Reflection

I put a lot of effort into my interactive whiteboard lesson.  I've been working on it here and there over the last month. I definitely took the time to review what my peers thought and suggested when they evaluated my lesson.  I took many of their ideas into consideration and I feel by their suggestions and my changes I had a much more effective and presentable lesson.  I 'm really glad we did the peer review because I feel my first submission would have not been strong enough to use in the classroom.  It was also nice to hear their ideas because I do not know much about this software yet and they had some very creative ideas.


At times I would get frustrated because I would spend minutes to hours working on just one little detail.  Eventually I would figure it out and then I felt much better :) I learned you have to be patient when working with technology and that to really learn the little secrets and steps YOU  need to practice.  There is only so much someone can educate you on when you work with this software.  It's something you need to explore and experiment with on your own.


By designing and sharing my IWB lesson I feel I am much more prepared to teach in a future classroom. I know feel like I can create engaging and motivating lessons that my future students will love.  I am much more confident and feel great knowing I can successfully use the Smartbook Notebook program.  This project also gave me the experience in creating a lesson.  I was able to observe the NCTM standards, which is always something positive to learn and know more about.  Be sharing our lessons I felt it was a great way to see what lessons my peers could provide and create.  Their lessons gave me many more ideas! It also going to be helpful in the future to use all these lessons as options in my future classroom. I've looked through many already and look forward to looking through the rest!


This was one of my favorite projects so far in Education 331, because I feel like it is a program I will use daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment