Monday, November 22, 2010

PSA Reflection

Our public service announcement shared the reality of how much time can be wasted when we are distracted by sites on the internet (YouTube, Facebook, and so on). It took us a while to figure out our topic because we wanted to think of something unique, so Professor Boyer would not have to watch a topic that has been overused. After a few different short meetings of brainstorming we thought this topic would be perfect for a PSA.  Next, we talked about where we would be getting together and what props we would need to bring.  We were very organized because we wanted to manage our time well since the end of the semester is so hectic.  We spent a couple of hours creating our PSA and giving it some unique touches that we thought really made it catchy and rememberable.  We used my Mac and used the program iMovie, which I would highly recommend. We had to redo our video a couple times because of acting mistakes, positions, and other common misshapes when creating a video. When we were finally satisfied we took some time to pick out lead out music that would grab our audience's attention.  I felt we spent a good amount of time making sure our PSA was unique and touched on all the aspects Boyer would be looking for.  We feel that our ending statements really make our audience think and reflect on the time we spend online. 


After creating this PSA I feel I am much more acquainted with the program iMovie.  I feel that I would be able to now successfully make many more videos with/for my future students.  I now feel confident about creating a video that can have creative effects and a professional look.  There are many different ways you could use a video to teach. There is also many ways on how your student's could use a video in the classroom.  I especially have a long list after today's block lecture. By sharing our PSAs with our peers we will be able to see what creative touches they included and maybe get some great ideas. I'm excited to look at each groups once they are all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment