Thursday, November 11, 2010

Reflection on Book Chapter Project

Overall I thought our presentation went fairly good.  I feel we put a lot of effort into creating our discussion.  We felt it was very important to be creative and take a new approach that no one had yet.  We got together a few times as a group and brainstormed our ideas and put together a discussion we felt we be fun and new to our class.  We took the time to each create our own Scribble Links which actually took more time than you would think.  That site can be tricky at first and we learned it is also very touchy. I think we were most creative because we used Scribble Link (wanted to).  No one else had used this yet and  it was a big change to how everyone usually groups the classroom.  We were gonna have the class stay at their computers and work on the scribble link they were assigned to. This would have been such a time saver! It also would have made it harder for them to get off task since their group was scattered across the room.  Now you are probable wondering why I'm saying "would of" or we "were gonna." Well our Scribble links did not work when we got to class, so we had to move to Plan B and have them work in groups face to face like they usually do.  The discussion still went good, but I felt they didn't get to see how organized and creative we really were gonna be!


The value of facilitating course content in this classroom is very important.  It gave me a chance to practice my teaching skills and prepare for what it will be like leading a classroom.  I am someone who tends to get a bit over nervous when speaking in front of a crowd, so I think anytime I have to get up in front of an audience it is great practice for me! I also feel I get the most nervous in front of my peers, so it was even a greater experience for me.  By discussing course content with my peers I get different opinions and insight on their ideas.  I always really enjoy this because hearing different perspectives is always refreshing and insightful.  I think you learn more on a topic when you discuss it with others.  By doing this assignment I feel I really see the potential and positives that come from discussions and really want them to be incorporated into my future classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment